Saturday 5 September 2015

Urban Decay Naked Palette in Strip & MAC Pigments in "Melon" & "Tan"

Hello! 

I have made a few new purchases recently that I thought I just needed to blog about! They are super sparkly & gorgeous! The products that I bought were Urban Decay Naked Palette in Strip & MAC Pigments in Melon & Tan.  



Urban Decay Naked Palette - Strip
I was on Instagram & I saw a regram on Urban Decays profile of all the Naked palettes & the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palettes. I found myself searching for these instantly as I was intrigued as to what they were. I had only seen the Naked palettes & illuminators before. The Naked Flushed palettes come in 4 shades Naked, Native, Streak & Strip. I decided to get it in Strip because I really liked the look of the highlighter as it is a different colour the Naked Illuminator powder that I have. I generally just preferred the colours although they all look amazing! 



You can see from the video how gorgeous the colours are & how glittery the highlighter is. That's my favourite section. It's just gorgeous! All of it is gorgeous! 


This product is great for when you have to limit what you take in your make-up bag as it is really compact & it has 3 of your make-up must haves in. It is great for doing a basic contour on the cheeks as you have the highlighter for above the cheek bone, blusher to add a little colour to the apples of your cheeks & the bronzer for underneath the cheek bone.



As with any Naked product the packaging is gorgeous. The external packaging is bronze  metallic rose gold text. I love that you can see what colours are on the inside on the front because of the photo of the crushed powders. 


The product packaging is perfectly matched to the external packaging colour wise & also has raised rose gold text.


The back of the packaging is really great for those unsure of how to use the product as it tells you what each section is used for. I love the continuation of rose gold text & crushed powders onto the back. 


The highlighter (middle) is the most glittery out of the three sections followed by the bronzer (left) & then the blusher (right) which is matte. 



The highlighter is my favourite as it is a gorgeous glitter with a slight gold colouring so this is different to the other highlighters I have got. The bronzer is really intense so you don't need a lot as it is highly pigmented. I love the bronzer as it has an almost rose gold colouring. The blusher is a slightly pinker colour that I'd usually wear but I often experiment with different blusher colours. They are all gorgeous!

Top to Bottom
Blusher, highlighter & bronzer

When I used the bronzer you really didn't need much. As I mentioned it is highly pigmented! I lightly tapped into it & lots of excess came off. When I applied it it was very intense so needed blending well with the other three.






Once blended all three complement each other beautifully! So here's the final look!



MAC Pigment - Melon & Tan
MAC pigments are highly concentrated loose colour powders. They have special ingredients in them which helps them to stick to the skin so that you don't get any drop off. I bought the full size Tan & size to go Melon as Melon was not available in a full size to test before I bought them so I didn't want to buy a full size one for it not to be very nice. The full size pigments RRP at £16 & the size to go RRP at £10. They look quite similar at first but if you keep reading you will see they are far from similar!

Left to Right 
Tan & Melon

The difference between the full size product & the size to go is that the lid of the full size is matte & the lid of the size to go is slightly shinier. When you open them the size to go comes with a little cap to prevent spillage which is really good as pigments have a tendency to go everywhere if you aren't careful! 


Once opened you can see that Tan is more of a muted pink/brown bronze whereas, Melon is a bright golden peach.


These pigments are highly pigmented so you really don't need much to get an intense colour. These swatches show the clear difference between the two colours as mentioned above. The are so sparkly & gorgeous!

Left to Right 
Melon & Tan


MAC Melon Pigment 
Melon is a bright golden peach colour. In hind sight I wish I had bought the larger size but I will know for future! It could be used for a really soft eye or it could be used for highlighting in a smokey eye. 






MAC Tan Pigment
Tan is a muted pink/brown bronze. I love this colour as it is a really unique colour & could be comboed with either pink tones or browns & bronzes so it is quite versatile. It could be used for a soft natural eye when used with matte light colours or teamed up with other colours to create a gorgeous smokey eye so could be worn day or night 






I hope you have enjoyed reading about these three gorgeous sparkly products! I already have a growing collection of pigments which will undoubtedly keep growing! I will definitely be open to buying more Naked Flushed palettes too! If you have any questions or comments please leave me a message! 

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment