Tuesday 16 June 2015

Lime Crime Cashmere Review

Hello! 

So today I am reviewing a product that I was very eager yet hesitant to get, Lime Crime's Velvetine liquid to matte lipgloss in Cashmere

So why was I hesitant to purchase from Lime Crime you may ask. I am a big Pinterest user & when I was flicking through photos & drooling over their amazing products I came across many people saying to avoid Lime Crime. Not because they aren't amazing products but because a few months ago (in February I believe) they got hacked & many people's details were stolen which is obviously never good. There was then also rumours that they buy wholesale products & rebrand them as their own & that they advertise their products as vegan friendly but they aren't. Some mentioned that their lipgloss inners were faulty so they leaked but Lime Crime replaced them free of charge which is a bit of a ball ache but the problem gets sorted. So apart for the hacking I wasn't too worried about purchasing the product, I am not vegan & if the product is good the rebranding doesn't bother me, LOADS of brands do it without us realising sometimes. 

Anyway! To purchase direct from Lime Crime you have to pay postage & there's the possibility of import tax too etc. making it quite expensive as it is a US based brand. I then went on a hunt for a UK based distributor but found nothing other than Amazon who were charging more than double the price! But anyway, I eventually got my hands on it!


Packaging 
The packaging of this product is different from any other product I've seen. It is metallic red with pink roses. The font matches the name of the product "Velvetines" as it is written in a ribbon font which is a nice touch. 

The packaging design is continued onto the lipgloss itself. Usually I like professional, quite plain but glamorous packaging but this makes a change. It is fun looking! I really like the contrast of the frosted plastic against the red metallic lid however, the frosting does distort the colour & make it look slightly different. It also makes it hard to tell how much you have left in the tube. 



Colour & finish
This colour (Cashmere) is definitely not a colour for everyone. It is a very cool taupe colour. I personally love this colour as I like cool lip colours & it is something a little bit different. I love that it is a matte finish. This helps it to stay on your lips for hours. When it tries it really sticks to your lips. It's actually really quite hard to get off but for me this is a bonus as I hate patchy lips & the less you have to reapply the less product you use overall! The colour does dry a little lighter than on my hand (the product is still wet here). 



One thing I did notice about this product as soon as I opened it is that it smells amazing. I can't think of what it smells like but it smells really sweet & creamy. Even if this shade isn't for you I would 100% recommend this in a different shade to anyone!


Application 
The brush came as a regular lipgloss applicator which allowed for precise applicator. It went on really smoothly & as the name suggests velvety. The thing which is great about this product is that it doesn't dry to quickly so you have a little bit of play time to make sure your application is perfect & you have achieved good coverage




So on the lips I expected it to be quite drying with it being matte but it actually wasn't considering my lips are naturally dry! Here it is on the lips. I probably should have left it to dry a little longer before I took the photo as it does go more matte than photographed.


Thank you for reading about the amazing Lime Crime Cashmere. Don't be put off buy some of the negative comments about them as it's a really lovely product! I have actually just placed an order for 4 more colours a few moments ago so that says enough about the product really. Expect future blogs on the colours Riot, SuedeberryBleached & Faded. Bleached & Faded are two of the latest colours to be released so they are the newest colours to be added to the Velvetines collection. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment! 

Emma x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    קוסמטיקאית

    ReplyDelete