Tuesday 4 August 2015

Lime Crime Velvetines Review - Faded, Bleached, Riot & Suedeberry

Hello! 

Sorry it's been a while (again). I've been super busy with clients & I've been away on holiday. It's nice to be busy though. So today I thought I'd write about my new 4 Lime Crime Velvetines matte lip glosses which I have added to my collection. I bought Faded & Bleached which are new releases as well as Riot & Suedeberry. I bought these direct from Lime Crime. I did not get charged any import tax on these items which I was praying I didn't have to. They too just under 2 weeks to come which isn't too bad considering they come from America. 


Packaging 
So because I bought them direct from Lime Crime they came in a nice pretty floral box with the Lime Crime logo on the lid & coloured tissue inside. 

I didn't know this until I read on Instagram but the box is reversible so the floral print is on the outside & you have a nice reusable Lime Crime box to keep all your make-up goodies in. 



So the lip glosses themselves come in the metallic red box with pink roses which is really pretty. The font matches the name of the product "Velvetines" as it is written in a ribbon font which is a nice touch. 


The packaging design is continued onto the lipgloss itself. As mentioned in my Cashmere review (click here) the packaging is really fun & different to anything else I've seen. The only limitation is the frosted tube makes it hard to see how much is left but other than that I love the frosted finish of the tube against the metallic red lid. 

Left to right: 
Cashmere, Faded, Riot, Suede-berry, Bleached

The two new colour (Bleached & Faded) have a flower on the lid also which is a new addition. I really like this as it's just a little extra detail. 



Application 
The application of the Velvetines are really lovely & velvety. The coverage is amazing & it doesn't dry instantly so you get a minute or so to perfect application. I prefer these to the Anastasia Beverley Hills Liquid Lips as they aren't as drying on the lips. The brush came as a regular lipgloss applicator which allowed for precise application. The only colour that the application wasn't quite as good was Suede-berry which requires a little more play to remove streaks. 


Bleached
Bleached is my new favourite colour in the Velvetines range. It is a really gorgeous light peach colour which is just gorgeous for colour. It can be worn day or night so I absolutely love it. 



Faded 
I was a little disappointed with Faded at first glance as it looked quite similar to Cashmere before I applied it. Admittedly it is similar but it has a more pinky tone rather than a grey undertone. I love Cashmere so I also loved this colour. Again it is a very wearable colour as it is not too in your face, it is a nice colour for day or night. The photo dulls this colour slightly. In person it is a little more pink. 



Riot
I really liked Riot. It is a dusty rose/red colour which I love as I have nothing like this colour. This colour be used day or night but I'd maybe sway more towards it as a night colour just because it is a little darker. 




Suede-berry
For me Suede-berry was a little on the bright side. It's a very neon coral colour. Maybe I'd feel different with a full face of make-up but for me it is not a lip colour I'd wear during the day. I also found that application was slightly streakier than the other colours so required a little more play to make application perfect. 




Swatch comparison 
Here are the swatches of my 5 Velvetine colours. Left to right: Cashmere, Faded, Riot, Suede-berry, Bleached. As you can see Cashmere & Faded are actually different although they don't appear so at first glance. 

Before drying

Dried

Thank you for reading my post about the Lime Crime Velvetines. I'm sure I will be buying more from them so I will probably have more posts to come! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to message me! 

Emma x

1 comment: