Tuesday 6 October 2015

Photo Shoot for Glass Onion Vintage AW15 Collection

Hello!

A few weeks ago I was asked to do the hair & make-up for a photo shoot for the Glass Onion Vintage AW15 Collection. This company is essentially a vintage warehouse who stocks stores such as Urban Outfitters (Urban Renewal). I was really excited to do this shoot as they had two great models, one male & one female. I have never done a males make-up other than eyebrows so this was something new for me to get my teeth into.The weather was absolutely horrendous this day. It took me more than double the amount of time it should to get to Sheffield for this shoot! Luckily I wasn't the last to arrive! 



Jake Chatterton
I started my male model, Jake Chatterton first. I began by cleansing his skin with Bioderma Sensibio micellar water to remove any dirt or oil from his skin followed by a moisturiser. I then prepped the skin with Illamaqua Hydra Veil which is by far one of the best primers out there. It is both hydrating & helps to keep your make-up on. I then applied MAC Face & Body to create a nice even skin tone without making it obvious he had make-up on. This is a really fluid, almost water-like foundation which is buildable. He had a few blemishes so I concealed these with a combination of MAC Select Cover-Up & MAC PRO Conceal & Correct Palette. I finished the brows with HD Brows Brow Beater which is a clear brow setting gel. It is one of my go to brow products! This is all Jake needed in his brows as I didn't want him to look made up. I finished by using MAC Blot Powder to fix the make-up in place. 

Here are a few of my favourite shots...





 



Bluebell
When Bluebell arrived I did the exactly the same procedure as Jake. Cleanse with Bioderma Sensibio micellar water, moisturise then prime with Illamaqua Hydra Veil. Bluebell had absolutely amazing skin with only one small spot requiring concealing so I used MAC Face & Body as this created a light, glowing coverage & again I used MAC Select Cover-Up MAC PRO Conceal & Correct Palette to conceal. I then used my Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Light followed by Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Kit in Light to enhance her natural contours. The company asked for a really natural look hence why I keep emphasising the natural element. I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle to highlight her cheek bones, cupids bow & very lightly on the nose. I added a touch of blusher so that her cheeks don't look washed out. I can't remember the exact colour but it was MAC. I added a natural eyeshadow using Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, a nude MAC eyeshadow from my pro palette, MAC Pigment in Vanilla to highlight under the brow arch & tear ducts followed by a sweep of mascara using Benefit Roller Lash which is my go-to mascara (see blog post for more information) & finally a baby pink MAC Mineralise Lipgloss to make the lips look nice & plump & moisturised! I finished by straightening Bluebell's hair.


Me in action...



Here are a few of my favourite shots from look 1...






I then changed Bluebell's hair into a fishtail plait & made the eyes a little heavier but not too dark. I used MAC Pigments in Heritage Rouge & Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I darkened the lip but kept it relatively natural using a MAC Lipstick in Twig. This lipstick matched beautifully with her dress.  


So here's the final, slightly grungier look of the day...

 




I hope you have enjoyed reading what I have been up to. It was a really fun day. If anyone is interested in checking out the photographer she is called Alice Wint (@shecriedwolf). You may have also noticed that I have started to add the links in for the products I have used. I hope this is something you find useful! Obviously feel free to shop around but always buy from a reputable source! Feel free to comment if you have any questions!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment